I have needed the exact dimensions of both the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press and RCBS Partner Press a few times, as I was working on custom ways to mount them (like this portable reloading press stand). Unfortunately, RCBS doesn’t publish anything to help with that … so I made a template and thought I would share it in case it helps anyone else.
The mounting template, contains the exact dimensions related to the mounting surface, but here are a few more dimensions for presses that are also helpful (and not published anywhere).
RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme (RC IV) Reloading Press Dimensions
- Mounting Surface Depth = 3 5/8″
- Mounting Surface Width = 4 1/2″
- Total Depth = 6 3/8″
- Total Width = 4 1/2″
- Width Between Mounting Bolts (Center to Center) = 3″
- Min clearance below mounted surface = 8 1/2″ (handle may extend below that further out, see photos below … I might allow at least 9″ to be safe)
RCBS Partner Reloading Press Dimensions
- Mounting Surface Depth = 3″
- Total Width = 2 5/8″
Update: I’ve provided full plans for building the portable reloading press stand shown above. Check them out at: Portable Reloading Press Plans.